ORAL APPLIANCE CARE
An oral appliance, such as a bite plate or night guard, should be custom made to fit your unique mouth and unique needs. Taking proper care of your appliance will allow it to work most efficiently offering you the best results and last longer before a replacement is needed. Here are some instructions and advice from Dr. Angham Abdelaziz to get the most out of your bite plate or night guard:
1. It takes some time to get used to your new custom bite plate or night guard.
2. Always store it with the case provided.
3. Use for sleep time only.
4. Always clean it in the morning with a separate toothbrush with lukewarm water. Don’t use any abrasive detergent or toothpaste.
5. Use liquid dish soap to clean the protective case.
6. Bring it in to your follow up appointments for regular check up.
7. It is normal to notice some wear and grinding marks on the surface.
8. Take it with you for your dental appointments for deep cleaning.
If you don’t have an oral appliance and are wondering if one could benefit you, please speak with Dr. Angham, Dr. Lisser, or your dentist at your next appointment.